Want to use your unique combination of expertise, dedication and drive to spark bold innovation while tackling some of the world's most pressing health challenges? With the power of the world's largest broadly-based healthcare company behind you, you'll amplify your impact—and find that you can touch the lives of people everywhere.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Marketing Leadership Development Program (MLDP) is a two-year program based on a philosophy of empowering leaders through challenging assignments, advanced training, clear objectives, feedback and coaching.
The MLDP is comprised of two one-year rotations in which you will gain diverse marketing experiences within U.S. Marketing and Global Strategic Marketing. The program has unique placement opportunities at locations across the U.S. You'll contribute to the following businesses:
- Ethicon (Cincinnati OH and Somerville NJ)
- DePuy Synthes (Warsaw IN, West Chester PA and Raynham MA)
- Cardiovascular and Specialty Solutions (CSS) (Irvine CA)
- US Marketing (Downstream)
- Responsible for leading and executing impactful product launches for the North America region, including promoting and educating on the product through customer-facing initiatives.
- Remain connected with market needs through frequent interaction with customers – travel with sales consultants, attend industry meetings, review medical journals, etc.
- Partner closely with Sales Teams to gather input on customer needs and ensure strong alignment with marketing strategy.
- Align customer insights with product capabilities and messaging.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure alignment between demand and supply.
- Global Strategic Marketing (Upstream)
- Responsible for leading worldwide product launches and developing marketing materials, pricing strategies, promotional plans, training plans, and forecasts.
- Contribute to the development of global brand strategies for products, services, and programs including value propositions, segmentation, positioning, and lifecycle management.
- Partner with R&D to lead Project Core Team on new product development from product conception to launch.
- Build collaborative relationships with surgeon customers and key vendors to identify unmet portfolio and customer needs for assigned product categories.
Are You Ready to Make a Difference?
The MLDP provides top MBA candidates the opportunity to be a leader in the shift from Medical Devices to Med Tech through unique opportunities to leverage their business training and diverse experiences and have an immediate impact on the company. As an MLDP, you will be responsible for:
- Dealing with strategic business issues with significant exposure to business leaders and cross-functional areas globally.
- Demonstrating in-depth understanding of critical issues, decision-making, and project management skills.
- Leveraging strong problem solving, organizational, communication and analytical skills.
- Driving innovation and collaborating across a matrixed organization.
Upon successful completion of the MLDP, participants graduate into a full-time Marketing Manager position.