How We Hire
How We Hire
How We Hire
From finding and applying for jobs to tracking the status of your application, here's everything you need to know about our hiring process—and what you can expect from us every step of the way.
We’re leading the fight against the biggest health challenges of our time at Johnson & Johnson, from HIV to cancer and COVID-19. But we can't do it without the unique perspective, insight and passion of people like you.
So if you're eager to make a difference in the lives of people everywhere, it's a good idea to familiarize yourself with our four-step hiring process.
- Explore: Search for jobs by title, experience level, business segment or location.
- Apply: Find out how the application process works once you've applied.
- Interview: Prepare for the new, all-digital interview process at Johnson & Johnson.
- Offer: Learn what to expect (and next steps) when you receive a job offer.
Ready? We'll keep this quick. Let's dive right in.
If you're looking for a career at the front lines of health with Johnson & Johnson, there are two ways of going about it (as well as a third option for staying in touch).
- You can search for jobs by role, experience level, business segment or location at our jobs site.
- Alternately, you can always use the search bar located at the bottom of every page on careers.jnj.com.
- If you aren't finding what you're looking for, be sure to join our Global Talent Hub. That way, you'll get alerts about new jobs that match your interests as they become available.
But before you get started applying to jobs, it's also a good idea to check out our career stories. There, you'll learn how data scientists, scientists, physicians, immunologists, marketers, community liaisons, market access professionals, business excellence managers—and so many others—are collaborating to bring health breakthroughs to life. They might even clarify your path for you!
Found a job that perfectly matches your skills and interests? Here's what to do next.
- Click the "Apply Now" button next to the job description to initiate the application process. You'll be prompted to create an account and upload your resume/cover letter. You may also be asked to complete a brief questionnaire.
- Check your inbox for confirmation and follow the steps outlined in your welcome email.
- If you receive an invitation to Shine, you can use our candidate portal to track the status of your application in real time.
Just one thing to bear in mind: It's going to take a moment for our recruiters, hiring managers and team members to carefully review your application (after all, we field roughly one million job applications every year) and get back to you. So, while we always do our best to respond as quickly as possible, please be patient with us, too!
For now, all of our interviews at Johnson & Johnson are being conducted digitally, and they fall into two types, depending on the role that you're applying for.
- Pre-recorded interviews: You'll record your answers to several questions, based on prompts that we send to you. You'll also have a chance to review your answers before submitting—and if you aren’t satisfied, you can re-record your answers up to two additional times. Bear in mind: This shouldn't be a big time commitment. Pre-recorded interview usually take our applicants 10 minutes or less to complete.
- Live video interviews: Our live video interviews are a lot like traditional in-person interviews, so try to think of it as a normal conversation, even if there's a layer of technology—or even thousands of miles—between you and the recruiter. (We've put together some tips for answering behavioral interview questions to help you out, too.) In terms of time commitment, our live video interviews typically run from 30 minutes to one hour.
Want to learn more about how COVID-19 has (and hasn't) impacted our hiring process? Check out this informative Q&A with Scott Montemurno, VP of Global Talent Acquisition and Mobility at Johnson & Johnson.
We're so grateful you chose to apply in the first place—and now that we've gotten to know you a little bit better, we certainly hope you'll join our team!
- Your offer letter will detail the terms of your new role, including benefits and other important information.
- Take a moment to review your offer details and timeline, and let us know what you think.
If you're struggling at all with the process, brush up on a few simple best practices for accepting or declining a job offer.